[ZPT] Editing Expanded Macros

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:32:08 +0200 (CEST)

Michael R. Bernstein writes:
 > On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 09:27, Michael R. Bernstein wrote:
 > > In other words, I'd like to be able to add a metal:edit-expanded="allow"
 > > statement to the macro definition in order to facilitate rapid
 > > development (edits to the expanded macro are applied to the macro
 > > definition), and then remove the statement when I want to lock the macro
 > > down.
I think this is dangerous, as the macro can be used in different
environments.

As I understand it, the macro is embedded in a complete
page template. Design it there until you are satisfied.
Then use it unchanged whereever you want to.

If you really want to change it in a specific context,
let it be expanded and change the "use-macro" into a "define-macro".

Dieter