[ZPT] content type misbehavior

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:33:44 -0500

I've run across something quite odd using PageTemplates w/ CMF.  I have no
idea where the misbehavior is occurring but its quite nasty.

* I have a PageTemplate that is my CSS (is this bad?) lets call it cmf.css
and when I change its content-type to text/css (in the PageTemplate Property
tab).. very weird things start to occur.

I will get TAL errors.  and once I got a ImportError when I tried to __goto
the folder in the ZMI where the offending PageTemplate was__
does the 'cooking' process happen when you visit that folder?  would this be
fixed by Deiter's 'at-runtime' cooking patch? (has this patch been applied
to PageTemplates 1.4.1? -- it increased performance when dealing with
laodsof PageTemplates in 1.4)

to fix this, I simply wrote a Python Script that grabbed the folder and
removed the offender, then I could open the folder in the ZMI.

this is very unexpected behavior.  am I doing soemthing wrong.  I would hate
to have to set the content-type in the REQUEST **inside** the PageTemplate
itself.  wouldnt that defeat the purpose of the Content/Type on the Property
tab? should I report this to the tracker?

thanks,
~runyaga