[ZPT] Why are ZPT in so slow, in my Contex !

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:16:52 +0200 (CEST)

michael kobald writes:
 > First the facts:
 > Harware: Dual PIII 800, 1Gig Ram, Raid, Win 2000 Server /Tested with Zope
 > 2.3.3 And 2.4.2
 >
 > Products:
 > ZPT 1.4.1 (tested with 1.4.0 and 1.3.x)
 >
 > All my ZPTs resides in 1 Folder called Templates. There are abr. 70 of them
 > in there.
 > We do make heavy use of Macros, but i do not think they are the problem in
 > our case.
 >
 > Second some strange things in the management screen:
 > - Importing of Folder Templates(800k) takes 1 Min
 > - Opening the Folder for viewing takes about 30sek
Your problem is probably caused by ZPT's eager cooking
and the incredibly slowness of HTML parsing.
Search the mailing list archives for details...

The "Delay cooking" patch may help you to overcome the problem:

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

Dieter