[ZPT] ZPT with Amaya and WEBDAV questions

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 00:36:00 +0200 (CEST)

Neil Burnett writes:
 > 2	When I create PTs that use other PT chunks, I can only edit the master PT.
 > This is because if I edit the chunk directly, Amaya turns it into a full
 > html compliant PT. This means I end up with web pages inside web pages that
 > sometimes don't work (at least in Amaya).
Use macros (--> metal) and embed them in complete pages....

 > 3	It seems very easy to delete tal statements through Amaya simply by
 > selecting the text to be replaced and deleting. I would worry about giving a
 > PT to a designer who maybe doesn't fully understand the implications of
 > deleting or moving the mock-up text. Can it be locked? Has anyone got
 > experience of handing over PTs to 'PT-unaware' designers?
This was discussed recently (--> archives).
Currently not. A editor specific wrapper would be necessary,
as features such a locking are not standardized...

 > 4	I am confused by the syntax of tal when referencing other objects. It
 > seems that one needs to know the target object's class (PT, DTML Method,
 > Python Script) in order to reference it appropriately.
I did not yet recognize this...

Of course, when you want to pass arguements, you need to know how
the called objects need them...

 > I am now prefacing
 > all object references with the 'structure' keyword and that seems to give
 > the generality I want.
But the only difference is that the return value in not html-quoted....
 > I hope this means I can acquire referenced chunks
 > that could be PTs, DTML Methods, PythonScript or ExternalMethod without
 > having to change the PT source? Is this a reasonable desire?
"structure" will not do what you like...
As said above, I do not understand your problem (yet)...

Dieter