[ZPT] Any reason this wouldn't work?

Lynn Walton waltonl@franklin.edu
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:29:06 -0500

I wrote a while back indicating that since I had a need to reuse
CONTENT/DATA in the midst of other content but that the placement of
where in other content would not always be the same/predictable location
... that I thought what would best meet my needs would be a CMF object
that was also a PageTemplate.  I didn't get any input from either the
CMF or ZPT list, so I figured it might be because my post was rather
long.  I'm trying again now with a shorter post. ;-)

I'm just beginning to look into making such a thing and since I never
made anything besides the most barebone new CMF type, it will be a new
experience for me. I would really love to have some input on whether
this is feasible from Evan or others.  And some advise on whether there
is anything in particular that I should look out for that will be
non-trivial. That is, if just making a new ZClass that inherits from
CMFDocument and PageTemplate is going to do it or not?

Thanks,
Lynn