[ZPT] Any reason this wouldn't work?

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:24:44 -0400

Lynn Walton wrote:

> I wrote a while back indicating that since I had a need to reuse
> CONTENT/DATA in the midst of other content but that the placement of
> where in other content would not always be the same/predictable location
> ... that I thought what would best meet my needs would be a CMF object
> that was also a PageTemplate.  I didn't get any input from either the
> CMF or ZPT list, so I figured it might be because my post was rather
> long.  I'm trying again now with a shorter post. ;-)

I regret that I still don't really understand the problem that you're
trying to solve.

> non-trivial. That is, if just making a new ZClass that inherits from
> CMFDocument and PageTemplate is going to do it or not?

I'm not sure, but I definitely suggest that you make a filesystem base
class that does all of the inheriting, and make that class the sole base
class of your ZClass.  That makes it a lot easier to change your mind later.

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope