[ZPT] DOCTYPE declaration in master macro in ZPT 1.4

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:32:21 -0400

Is this a faq, I found only one reference in the mailing list archives.

This link http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/WholePageMacros and
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/CurrentIssues speaks to this problem.

Is there something in CVS I can use now to solve this problem?

The CurrentStatus page seems to be quite out of date.

Now that PageTemplates have properties, maybe this could be solved with a use-
macro property?

--

My Master starts with:

      xmlns:metal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/metal"
      metal:define-macro="master">
   <head>
     <title tal:content="here/title">The title</title>

<snip>

and of course the "client" PageTemplate doesn't get the DOCTYPE from the master
because it's outside the HTML entity.

validator complains..

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements