[ZPT] Macro Master templates can't reach their own properties..

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:03:30 -0400

Brad Clements wrote:

> I have a Master page template with a property "leftcolumnwidth" defined.
>
> When this template is "called" from  another page template, stuff like
>
> tal:content="template/leftcolumnwidth"
>
> fails with "leftcolumnwidth not found in template/leftcolumnwidth"
>
> I suppose this happens because the macro is expanded into the "client template"
> before being processed.
>
> Don't suppose properties could be "copied over" too during rendering?

Hmm.  That, or we could add the ability to explicitly address the current
macro object, as in "macro/leftcolumnwidth", and have macro==template when
not in a macro use.

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope