[ZPT] 'root' in virtual hosts

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1001700437.32835a@logicetc.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:07:17 -0400

When I use a path with root (eg, tal:replace="root/myObject") from a site
that is hosted using a VHM setup, "root" means the root of the Zope tree,
not the root of the virtual hosted site.  This makes it messy to get to the
true root of my site.  Is this a know problem or by design?  I can see where
the Zope root would need to be accessible also, but I feel like root should
be the root of the virtual host.  How can/should this be handled?

I seem to recall this being a problem for me with PARENTS[-1] as well, but I
haven't used DTML in a while :-) so I'm not 100% sure on that.

Thanks!

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.