[ZPT] No proxy roles in page templates? What do I do then?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:36:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Itai Tavor wrote:
> If you mean that the PT will call a script which has proxy roles,
> that wouldn't help at all IMO, because the script will need to be
> publicly accessible, opening a security hole.
>
> I want to ensure that certain object interface methods are only
> called by authorized methods, and are not accessible TTW nor by DTML
> or PT methods written by other Zope users. So I protect those

I fail to see a security difference between having a publicly accessible
Template with a proxy Manager role and having a publicly accessible
script with a proxy Manager role.  In either case you control what
is accepted as input and don't control what is done with the output
(though granted it is harder to prize the info out of the results
returned by the template).

Maybe I'm just missing something, though...

--RDM