[ZPT] Equivalent for <dtml-var dateobj fmt=ISO>?

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:12:18 -0400

DateTime objects have a strftime method useful for formatting. For exampl=
e:

Inserts: 03/13/2002

If you use the same date format in lots of places, I would suggest creati=
ng a=20
python script called something like "fmtDate" with a single parameter "da=
te"=20
that does the formatting (so you can change it everywhere from one place)=
:

return date.strftime('whatever fmt')

Then you can do:

hth,

Casey

P.S. This would be another example of where Shane's piping idea might hel=
p,=20
but that's another story.