[ZPT] Why can't ZPT's have Proxy Roles?!

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:58:49 +0100

Hello Chris,
Tuesday, December 3, 2002, 10:39:38 AM, you wrote:
> Yeah, why aren't Proxy Roles available? I think having Proxy roles on ZPT's
> would solve a multitude of similar irritations...

Basically someone decided way back that ZPTs should be used in *one*
particular way, and that you should be forced to use scripts to do
stuff like security handling.

All nice and dandy in theory, - and i agree on the idea of there being
a recommended style of doing things, but proxy roles would sure be
helpful in certain scenarios:

Basically it cooks down to places where you would like to present some
otherwise restricted data visually in a ZPT, and not neccesarily
perform lots of logic on it. - By using scripts to proxy for this
restricted material. you would have to expose all the scripts (possibly a
lot of them) to the user anyway :P

I have not had many problems with this yet, but i can easily see how
it can be an issue for some...

--
Geir Bækholt        geir@funcom.com
Tools/HCI-developer