[ZPT] Why can't ZPT's have Proxy Roles?!

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:05:45 +0000

Magnus Heino wrote:
>>I think you end up with a lot more objects having Proxy Roles set on them
>>using the style that has been chosen, rather than only having the Proxy
>>role on the ZPT where it's needed.
>
> If it's data from one object that you need to access, why do you have to write
> many scripts?

That's the incorrect assumption, quite often I want to diplay protected
information from several objects. Admittedly this could all be done in
one script, but it seems a wasts of several calls, simply because ZPTs
don't have Proxy Roles.

> One script that does one thing, with a proxy role, seems more secure to me
> than having one pt that does many things, having a proxy role.

Also not what I was on about. The PageTemplates don't _do_ anything,
they just need access to protected information.

> The use of metal could also make it very easy to introduce security holes in
> the app. Actually, I don't understand how it would work at all.

I don't think that's true...

cheers,

Chris