[ZPT] Pass parameters via RESPONSE.redirect

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:14:06 +0100

Rainer Thaden writes:
 > i'd like to present a list of objects on a site and the user should
 > have the option to change the parameters which define the list (e.g.
 > display all obj from a certain author). On top of the site there's a
 > form which passes the parameters to a script (author='bla') and the
 > script redirects to that page.
 > Looks like this:
 >
 > <form>: author -> select box
 >         action -> script, which gets authorname
 > </form>
 > list items
 >
 > How do i pass the parameters given to the script to the page via the redirect?
 > When i try to add the author to the request in the script like
 > request.set('author',author)
 > it doesn't show up in the request in the redirected page.
 >
 > In DTML there's something like passing keyword arguments to a response
 > page which show up in request/options.
 > Is there something similar in ZPT?
I have read that the "ZTUtils" package provides a function
"makequery" (maybe differently spelled) that should help
in buiding the required query string (see URL spec for "query string").

Dieter