[ZPT] Template Related Storage Product-

Isaac Levy ike@visuallistening.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:25:09 -0500

Hello Dieter,

On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 02:14  PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> When you do not tell what it does, many will not look at it.

I'm sorry, let me quickly explain the product-
A Kube is a file-like object, which has the 'slidable' behavior of a
folder.  Technically, it is a folder (right down to it's source), which
carries a pre-set list of 'generalized content unit' properties, as well
as the ability to contain file-objects.

The objective is to use the 'content unit' to store textual data (as
properties), and other related data, (images, movies, etc...) as
contained objects.  Another way of looking at it, is that it treats
content elements (author, story, pictures, etc...) all as metadata which
makes up a single unit of content.

Kubes to be great for use with Page Templates, as base templates are
naturally accessible via acquisition, from a URL passed to a Kube.  This
is something which would be easy to do with SQL and Page Templates, but
this requires a seperate database, and I wanted to leverage the ZODB for
more flexible data storage.

More documentation (with lots of diagrams) are available in the PDF I
have made available online, and are now public through the Zope.org site.
http://www.zope.org/Members/ike/Kube/Kube_release_1

Thank you Dieter, and I look foreword to hearing from you if you decide
to try the product out!

Best,
Isaac

ike@visuallistening.com