[ZPT] ZPT for Python 2.2?

Alan Kennedy zpt@xhaus.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 07:20:18 EST5EDT

Greetings All,

We're using ZPT separately from Zope. ZPT is such a great
piece of work, well designed and implemented. And helps
greatly with the workflow aspect of web site creation, i.e.
how people work together, an aspect which is sadly ignored
by other templating languages/frameworks.

Anyway, we're hoping to move to Python 2.2, to take
advantage of some of its nice new features, such as
generators.

So we need to get ZPT working with Python 2.2. Can anyone
tell are there any plans to move Zope up to Python 2.2?

If not, is getting ZPT working with Python 2.2 simply a
case of recompilation from source against the Python 2.2
headers and libaries?

Or are there lower lever difficulties, caused by, for
example, the new class model in Python 2.2?

TIA,

Alan.

This message was sent using WebMail by CyberGate.
http://www.gate.net/webmail