[ZPT] ZPT & CMF questions

HoYin Au hya-zope@bluesite.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 15:19:58 -0500

Hi Mark,

> I'm having some thinko's moving from DTML to ZPT.  I'm using Zope 2.4.3
> and CMF 1.2 (from cvs), and the ZPT skin.  Does anyone have examples for
> the "ZPT" way of doing the following:
>
> a) How do I disable the ability to Join a portal? I could do it prior to
> using ZPT by turning off the add portal member permission but that
> doesn't seem to be enough now.  This is for a closed access company
> portal. (What I really want is to allow only a login, and deny
> everything unless the user is 'Authenticated.')

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want a CMF that only
authenticated members can view.

If that's the case, you'd want to create a subdirectory and put the
protected content in there.  The subdirectory should have the correct
View & Access Content Information rights customized to your liking.

Do not do it on the main CMF directory, or else you can screw up your
site badly.

The other questions you asked I'm not familiar with, but for the printed
page, it's probably something to do with CMF skins...

-Hoyin