[ZPT] I don't want "&" to be URL escaped in tal:attributes, how to do?

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@rangebroadband.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:57:08 -0600

Just a last note on this topic.  I add this only because I happened across
it today as I was re-reading the W3C recommendation for XHTML.  This, if not
_the_ reasoning, should at least affirm the reasoning behind escaping the
"&" in ZPT documents.  Mostly, I thought it ironic that I came acress this
scant days after discussing it on this list, despite having perused the
recommendation on a few other occasions.  This is copied directly from the
recommendation.

C.12 Using Ampersands in Attribute Values
When an attribute value contains an ampersand, it must be expressed as a
character entity reference (e.g. "&"). For example, when the href
attribute of the a element refers to a CGI script that takes parameters, it
must be expressed as
http://my.site.dom/cgi-bin/myscript.pl?class=guest&name=user rather than
as http://my.site.dom/cgi-bin/myscript.pl?class=guest&name=user.

--