[ZPT] Re: [Zope-CMF] Disable default Mcros Expand in ZPT...

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
21 Jan 2002 17:52:10 +0000

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 15:54, Tres Seaver wrote:
> ycheng wrote:
>
> > As trying CMF 1.2 with zope 2.5b4, I found that the default setting
> > of ZPT about macro expand make the zpt page much harder for programmer
> > to modify, and it's seem to hard to unexpand the macro.
> >
> > So, will it be better not to expand the macros in the default behavior..
>
> I agree that this is an annoying issue for those of us who
>
> deal with the ZPT as source;  unfortunately, ZPT is designed
> for people who use it as WYSIAYG, too, and macro expansion is
> essential for them.

Call me an old curmudgeon, but I still don't buy the idea that expanded
macros are of use to anybody.  For example, designers using GoLive can't
know if they're editing a piece of macro code or a piece of inline code,
so they will frequently make changes and then get upset when the changes
don't get saved.

More likely, I'm missing some kind of fundamental point here...?

seb