[ZPT] Calling complex product tags from ZPT

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar j-david@noos.fr
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:55:50 +0200

J C Lawrence wrote:

>How do you call a complex product's tag from ZPT?
>
>Specifically, taking something like the Calendar product, it clear how
>I'd call the dtml-calendar tag from a DTML method and specify exactly
>how I want it rendered (and there are plenty of examples).  But, taking
>the calendar as a specific example, how would I setup a complex calendar
>call under ZPT?
>
>Am I missing something obvious?  I've read the FAQ, Zope book, and
>various other resources but don't see how I can have Zope products
>natively extend ZPT.

Look at the NuxWidgets product (CVS):

  https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/nuxeo

I maintained the CalendarTag for about two years, and later
developed NuxWidgets as its equivalent for ZPT, so this could
be considered an authorative answer ;-)

If you want to use the CalendarTag instead, I guess you'll
need to use DTML and ZPT templates, the ZPT calls the DTML
and the DTML calls the calendar tag. Maybe.

jdavid