[ZPT] Why does this cause a page template to be invalid?(longish)

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:40:46 +0100

on or about, Wednesday, March 20, 2002, we have reason to believe that
Casey Duncan wrote something along the lines of :

CD> Last I checked, <p> was a block tag:
CD> http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-html40-19980424/sgml/dtd.html#block
CD> -Casey

Yes , it is, but i  believe it also implies that whatever is contained
in it is inline (sorry .. my skills at DTD-reading are a bit rusty..)

the correct place to refer to in the HTML spec is of course here :
http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-html40-19980424/struct/text.html#h-9.3.1

- where it explicitly states that :

<q> The P element represents a paragraph. It cannot contain
block-level elements (including P itself). </q>

thus , the parser is right , although is was not as obvious as i
first thought..

:-)

--=20
Geir B=E6kholt                      web-developer
geirh@funcom.com             funcom oslo | webdev-team