[ZPT] Why does this cause a page template to be invalid?(longish)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:49:12 -0500

seb bacon writes:
 > Yes, but the ZPT parser is still broken, however you look at it:

 > I'm not familiar with the parser code but this leads me to wonder if the
 > first example is intentionally rejected or not.  I take it you're saying
 > it is intentional, and that the second example is the bug.

That's correct; I should fix the second so that the results are
consistent.

 > This thread's been enlightening w.r.t. HTML4.01, though.  It just goes
 > to show how irrelevant the standards are when it comes to practical web
 > programming - and this coming from someone who's interested in them.

Yeah, that's how things work when the specs are written based on
browsers in one iteration and expecting the browsers to follow in the
next iteration -- big bloated specs which nobody quite implements are
the result.  We all get stuck trying to navigate the murky waters the
behemoth corporations leave in their wake.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation