[ZPT] Re: [Zope] returning an HTML comment from ZPT

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Thu, 23 May 2002 17:03:39 -0500

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 03:01:18PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
| Hi Fred :-)
|=20
| "Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:
| >=20
| > What makes you think that?  Why would something *inside* a comment get
| > expanded?  I'd be very surprised myself.

I wasn't terribly surprised by this, but I agree with Chris wrt to how
it should behave.

| Well, comments are sent to browsers, so are their contents. For me,
| that makes them fair game for interpolation.
|=20
| Who knows? Maybe you want some debugging:
|=20
| <!-- dammit, we got xxx again -->
|=20
| ...which you don't want to be visible for users?

This is precisely what I was trying to do :-).

| > Is it simply that DTML does it differently, or do you think there's a
| > functional problem with not expanding commented-out TAL/METAL
| > constructs?  Should it not be possible to include comments about TAL
| > constructs (with examples) in page templates?
|=20
| Well, there's two things that I guess are getting mixed here?
|=20
| HTML comments - which I think should be expanded
|=20
| TAL/METAL comments - which shouldn't be expanded.
|=20
| I usually do the latter as:
|=20
| <tal:comment condition=3D"">
| This code stinks, I should fix it some time ;-)
| </tal:comment>

I didn't know about the "tal:comment" tag. =20

-D

--=20

After you install Microsoft Windows XP, you have the option to create
user accounts.  If you create user accounts, by default, they will have
an account type of administrator with no password.
                                                            -- bugtraq
=20

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm--