[ZPT] Re: PHP port of TAL?

Brian Lalor blalor+dated+1037730855.ddba77@ithacabands.org
14 Nov 2002 11:40:10 -0700

"Manuel Aristarán" <mpairetti@softhome.net> writes:

> Well, I'm very interested.  I began to explore the source code of TAL and
> made a couple tests with PHP's XML parsing functions.
>
> If you want to start such a project, i'm willing to participate.

Hm, my response this morning must have gotten lost in the ether.  That's what
I get for computing before the morning cup of coffee kicks in. :-P

Anyway, I'd like to explore this some more.  My boss has interest in using
TAL, but the implementation can't take months.  I figure worst-case I can just
convert the Python code (ugh).

I've got a couple of questions to start things off, not necessarily related to
the port.  Why is there a "DummyEngine" module in the TAL distribution?  It
seems to me that the engine's what provides the TALES functionality.
Shouldn't it be fairly standard?

How do the HTMLParser, HTMLTALParser, TALGenerator, TALInterpreter and
DummyEngine modules all tie together?

Er, I guess that's it for now.  Just wanted to let everyone know that I am in
fact interested...

Thanks,

      Brian Lalor                 |    http://introducingthelalors.org/
  blalor@ithacabands.org (email)  |  blalor@jabber.ithacabands.org (jabber)