[ZPT] Re: TAL and METAL in <script> and <style>

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:37:03 -0400

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 11:20:31AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> It doesn't, but I (and it seems a few others) think it should for both
> but this does feel a bit cutting-off-nose-to-spite-face.
>
> Browsers are used to dealing bith broken HTML, not that this woudl even get
> to them, so what is the concern with having TAL and METAL statements in
> <script> and <style> blocks?

The template would be broken. Imagine a browser trying to interpret that
style tag (before template rendering). Or a piece of javascript like that.

The goal is round-trip-ability for templates; designers can pick up the
template again, tweak it in their WYSIWYG editors, and the whole thing would
continue to work, or at least as much as possible.

--
Martijn Pieters