[ZPT] Nesting a Tag in CSS

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:29:39 +1000

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:07 pm, Magnus Heino wrote:

> > > Like what?
> > >
> > > This decision has always seemed unfortunate from my point of view :-(
> >
> > I forget - the decision was made about a year and a half ago, in the
> > early days of ZPT. Maybe someone from ZC can remember, cos I sure can't
> > :)
>
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2001-June/001497.html

Actually, the original discussion was back in April - at least that's the
earliest I could find to references regarding the parsing of <script> and

   http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2001-April/000858.html

Fred checked in the fixes to have the content of the tags handled correctly:

   http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2001-April/000893.html

Looking back in the posts, there was a serious discussion about enabling a
ta:interpolate for those tags - where the entire contents of the tag might be
interpolated in a manner similar to string: expressions. The real sticking
point was the syntax of the interpolation - to come up with something that
was "friendly" to the CSS syntax, and possibly Javascript syntax as well.
Didn't go anywhere though - people seemed happy enough just pushing the
style/script generation out to python scripts or (ick) DTML :)

      Richard