[ZPT] Creating Links to Other Folders : A Fun Problem For Ages 9-99!

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:25:14 +0200

Hi Edward

Are you using the Catalog? It sounds to me like it should solve your
current problems.

> The problem is basically surmised as such: distinct folder all across
> the website have a relationship to one another, how can I express this?
>
> Consider a folder called "Policies" - every department and subdepartment
> is going to have one. We'd like all the policies from the subdepartments
> to appear in the department policy folder. That is, the script that
> generates the list of documents for the department policy folder, needs
> to be able to find specific other folders all across the website, and
> analyse those folders content.

Some variant of

<ul>
<dtml-in "Catalog(meta_type = 'Policy')" prefix="policy">
<li>
          <dtml-var "policy_item.title">
</a>
</dtml-in>
</ul>

should list all cataloged policies everywhere and link to them.
(Apologies for posting DTML to the ZPT list, but this question really
belongs in zope@zope.org anyway ;> )

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za