[ZPT] Re: "simple" path expressions :(

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 16:57:26 -0500

Chris Withers wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
>
>> I'm using the 1.5.0 downloads from zope.org, not Zope itself. I'm
>> attempting to use ZPT as the templating for Roundup (hence see my
>> recent post "Making PageTemplates usable without Zope")
>

> Well give the ZPT from Zope 2.5.1 a go (or maybe just checkout the
> latest PageTemplates from the HEAD of cvs...)

ZPT 1.5.0 should be functionally identical to the code in Zope 2.5.1,
which can definitely handle this form of expression.  On the other hand,
the 'string:' handling of objects such as 'nothing' and 'default' leaves
a lot to be desired :-(

To get what I suspect that you intended out of "${item/id | nothing}",
try "${item/id | string:}".

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am