[ZPT] ZPT Speed Tutorial Wanted

Andy Meier andy@onyourmark.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:59:51 -0500

Chris Withers wrote:
> Wow. What does NuxWidgets do?

NuxWidgets is a product to enable globally available ZPT macros as a ZPT
equivalent of the custom tags that could be added to DTML.

The main page is here:
http://www.zope.org/Members/nuxeo/Products/NuxWidgets

NuxWidgets seems to also have been moved to a Sourceforge project and a
Savannah project but there is very little activity on either project page.

The piece of NuxWidgets I use is the Calendar macro that replaces the
calendar DTML tag.

I have not yet looked into exactly how the product works yet but it appears
to run every macro included in the product every time a Page Template is
called even if the page template does not use the macro.  I was able to get
the calling time down from 400ms to 59ms or so by optimizing the included
macros but a real solution would be to change the way NuxWidgets works so
that it only runs when needed.

If you are curious about any more details, you might want to contact
the author (j-david@noos.fr).

Have a nice day.

-Andy