[ZPT] Basic File Upload Question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:06:46 +0200

John Westenberg writes:
 > I have the form call an External method which accepts self and REQUEST as parameters:
 >
 > def upload(self, REQUEST):
 >     return context.responseTemplate(dict)
"context", "container" and other so called "Bindings" are Script
(usually Python Script) features. They have been incorporated into
other modern products (such as ZPT, TALES), sometimes with changed
names.

External Methods are much older and do not (yet) know about bindings.
When the first argument is called "self", then ZPublisher (i.e. when
called through the Web)
passes the "context" as this argument to the External Method.

Dieter