[ZPT] Re: TAL's lack of an else...

Daniël Hooymans d.hooymans at edufocus.nl
Wed Aug 6 19:28:33 EDT 2003

> If you are going to argue against having repeat and if in TAL
> then you're in
> for plenty of fun on this list :-)

Nope, I'm not arguing on this ;) Every element within repeat is templated according to a same design.

I'm also not defending TAL for it's lack of IF/ELSEIF/ELSE construct. In the beginning I also wondered why there was no construct for something this 'basic'. As a matter of fact it would be nice to know WHY the developers of TAL did not implement an IF/ELSEIF/ELSE construct.

I can imagine the that an IF/ELSE construct would enable different markup at a position in the template which imposes problems for a graphical designer in an external editor.

Greetz,
Daniel