[ZPT] Re: [Zope] Using ZPT with options/radio/checkboxes

Geir Bækholt lists at elvix.com
Fri Aug 8 17:18:12 EDT 2003

On  Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:49:35 +0100 GMT
Chris Withers told the ZPT mailinglist the following:

> [moving lists, so ZPT maintainers can haev a shout :-)]

> Ron Bickers wrote:
>>
>> Now that we've determined that it's pretty easy to do a checkbox without
>> this feature, should it still be used/abused?  Any reason this behavior
>> would be removed from a future Zope, or is this a (not well-documented)
>> convenience that will stay?

I assume this is about the selected="selected" output ?

Ron : what is it that leads you to think it is being abused ? It is a
good feature that makes a lot of sense. It only acts that way for
attributes that are defined as boolean and has no nasty side-effects.

What would be the reason for removing a feature that helps templates
and syntax stay clean and that behaves in a predictable way?

--
Geir Bækholt