[ZPT] Plone conference talk - ideas please!

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 22:04:00 EDT 2003

Hi Evan,

Evan Simpson wrote:
> I've already posted this to Plone-users, but no responses were
> forthcoming, so I'm going to try here:
>
> I'm scheduled to talk about Zope Page Templates on the first day of the
> Plone Conference, and I'd like to ask those of you who will be attending
> -- what would you like me to talk about?
>
> I have a number of possible topics lined up, including the finer points
> of METAL, future directions for ZPT, and understanding the interactions
> between templates and other Zope objects, but I'm not sure what would be
> most appropriate for this audience.
>
> Please don't limit yourselves to my topic list above... I'm open to
> suggestions.

Well, given my repeated whining <g>, I have to vote for interactions
between Page Templates and other Zope objects in general and - although
I suspect that this would be a bit narrow for your audience - zSQL in
particular!

I'd be very interested in some material about how ZPT can call stuff
from the name space, what to do in ZPT and when to use a script and so
forth. It's perhaps a bit of a "black notes" thing for me - I can (Just
about!) see what to do in ZPT, but how does that fit in with "the rest"
of it?

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"the symbols of the divine show up in our world initially at the trash
stratum." Philip K Dick