[ZPT] Plone conference talk - ideas please!

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Wed Aug 27 10:41:40 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 08:37, Chris Withers wrote:
> Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> > Had this excellent snippet of information been provided in the ZPT docs,
>
> Which snippet? Which documentation?

I just put it on zope.org as a HOWTO:

http://zope.org/Members/spacemonkey/zpt_and_sql/howto_view

Evan, I hope you don't mind.  ;^)

> > I could have helped myself; but the existing docs are too general for me
> > to grasp.  I needed an example with a database, and couldn't find one.
>
> I'm suprised there isn't a cookboox example of this floating around somewhere...

Now there is :^)

> > never get anywhere because that obviously doesn't work.  It was only due
> > to experimentation that I decided upon:

> Why on earth not just do:
>
> I'm afraid you can't blame ZPT docs for brain damage caused by other templating
> systems and people who simply don't think...

It truly is a miserable existence, being dumb and all.  I wish I could
be just like you, Chris.  :^P

> > We should make sure that the documentation provided has examples for
> > people that are not steeped in c, python, java, or other OOP ways of
> > life.
>
> I suggest you browse the cookbook...

Practice what you preach!  Searching Zope.org for "zpt sql" comes up
with a bunch of false positives. But that problem is no more...

-- Mitch