[ZPT] Re: Add 'parity' to repeat?

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Wed Aug 27 11:34:10 EDT 2003

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> "odd" and "even" are not very expressive
> names for style sheet classes and "parity" is not associated
> with the even/odd distinction.

Actually, it is!  From Wikipedia: "Parity is the attribute of a value
describing whether it is even or odd. For example, the number 7 has odd
parity and the number 20 has even parity."

While I agree that "even" and "odd" aren't very expressive by
themselves, I still think that it's better to be able to write something
like "string:${repeat/row/parity)_table_row" than the usual
python-expression-with-test.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am