[ZPT] calling external methods with parameters from a python script

Geir Bækholt · Plone Solutions lists at elvix.com
Fri Dec 19 05:01:59 EST 2003

On  Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:23:06 -0600 GMT
Nguyen, Joe asked the ZPT mailinglist about the following:

> I've been trying to work on this with no luck. It would be great if
> someone can direct me to a good resource.

there is some implicit magic for 'self' with external methods. To make
sure all is explicit, pass in 'context' as the first argument:

I believe this should work (untested):
context.yourExternalMethod(context, arg1, arg2)

I believe there is more on the subject here :
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ScriptingZope.stx

:)

note:
  This is really a question for the Zope mailinglist, not the ZPT one.

 Geir Bækholt    ·   Interaction Architect   ·    Plone Solutions

 Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com