[ZPT] Confused about Zope

Michael Fischer v. Mollard mfvm@businessvillage.de
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:15:51 +0100

Tofeeq Ali wrote:

> Hi All
>
>       I am new to zope and still trying to understand. Here I just
> want to know that in the presence of zpt for presentation and phthon
> for business logic is there any need for dtml. I am going to start
> learning zope but want an advice could i skip the dtml and just use
> zpt and python.

The classical answer: it depends on the problem. You may to a lot of
cool stuff only with zpt and python, but if you want to use ZSQL a very
basic knowledge of dtml may be usefull. Historically, dtml is older than
Python Scripts and zpt, so there was a need for logic in dtml, which is
not the case nowadays

MfG
    MFvM