[ZPT] Mini proposal: repeat-define and repeat-condition

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:37:55 +0100

At 22:02 21/01/2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>I have a bad feeling about this "dynamic" change of "tal" execution
>orders...

Me too, I really think that we need to rely on a simple rule.

Lets' go on with the discussion. IOW, do we feel a real change is needed ?
We should avoid an half-baked solution which would please anyone.

IMHO, the order of actions is 'wrong' (sic) enough to be worth to change
it... with a from __future__ import feature which avoid breaking existing
code. This implies a correlated warning mechanism which tells a developer
that he is still using a soon deprecated feature.

A first no brain proposal to begin discussion :

add a tal:importfuture="featurename" statement. (In this case
tal:importfuture="executionOrder")
- it needs to be declared globally in a ZPT, ie as an attribute of the
surrounding tag.
- warnings are issued for any page that does not contain the
tal:importfuture statement but present tags which will be influenced by the
order of execution change.
- during macro expansion, a warning is issued if an importfuture page uses
macros from a non-importfuture page

--

Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl