[ZPT] Re: Mini proposal: repeat-define and repeat-condition

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:35:15 -0600

Jamie Heilman wrote:
> Fernando Martins wrote:
>>argument ::= variable_name expression [; condition] [;define-var]*
>
> These are the most sane suggestions to date.  They don't break
> backwards compatability, and they don't needlessly bloat the TAL
> operation set.  I don't have any arguments against this approach, does
> anyone?

Sorry, yes.  To do this properly and consistently, each of the
expressions would need to do ';'-escaping in the same fashion as
tal:define and tal:attributes.  This, in turn, would break templates
that currently have ';' in their tal:repeat expressions.  While
unlikely, this isn't impossible.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am