[ZPT] Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: Fix for UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
27 Jan 2003 22:49:21 +0100

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 22:20, Myroslav Opyr wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
> >Oh it's not unpredicted, I know all the places that pose problem.
> >
> Who else knows that? Does authors of Zope modules with bugs you know
> know about them? Do you have access to Zope CVS?
>
> >Fixing
> >them in core Zope requires having time for the tests, and having the ZPT
> >and general Unicode maintainers accept them.
>

> Are they in Zope Collector? Maybe you have fixes (patches) too? Maybe
> there is a reason to release unofficial ZPT Unicode PatchPack as it was
> with Unicode for Zope 2.4 (or 2.5, do not remeber exactly). It was on
> zope.org for a long time and people used it just because they needed it
> and that PatchPack became part of Zope.

Actually I'll do the patches in Localizer, and anyone using Localizer
for i18n will have something that works.

Then, after sufficient feedback by the community, we'll see about
integrating them in the core Zope.

> I have no hope they'll be in Zope 2.6 series, but 2.7 could be just
> fine! Until that time there will be a lot of people using different ways
> to make things work: ommiting Unicode and working in broken encodings or
> using Unicode with other tools (like we are using AltPT, because we need
> working code).

Florent