[ZPT] i18n-errors (was: html_quote in ZPT)

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Thu Jul 24 08:20:40 EDT 2003

Michael Bernstein wrote:
> Gitte Wange wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I may have been missing something, but isn't it possible to use
>> html_quote (or something similar) in a Page Template?
>

> Page templates do this by default, you need to use the structure keyword
> to override this.
>
> - Michael

Thanks - didn't help much ;-)
My problem is with the i18n-stuff.
I'm from Denmark (we use ISO-8859-1 encoding) and have some special
characters (e.g. æ, ø and å).
At a place I have some translation saying:
tal:content="here/title" i18n:name="objtitle" /></td>

Whenever I have an object with a title containing any of the above
mentioned characters, I get an error:
Error Type: UnicodeError
Error Value: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

Note: This error only occurs when I have done the translation inside the
Message Catalog - not before.

This is the last couple of lines from the traceback:
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 567, in do_insertTranslation
Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 655, in translate
Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 255, in translate
Module Products.TranslationService.PlacefulTranslationService, line 61,
in translate
Module Products.TranslationService.PlacefulTranslationService, line 166,
in translate
Module Products.TranslationService.Domain, line 66, in translate
Module Products.TranslationService.Domain, line 88, in _interpolate

I can see that the error occurs in the TranslationService product, but
perhaps there is others here experiencing the same kind of problem and
can help me with a solution.

Greetings,
Gitte Wange