[ZPT] zope3-dev proposal on changing implicitly calling

Steve Alexander steve at z3u.com
Mon Jul 28 23:57:29 EDT 2003

Chris Withers wrote:
> Steve Alexander wrote:
>
>> It will not be fine, because in Zope 3 we want to control these things
>> through policy, not through whether nocall: is present in a TALES
>> expression or not.
>

> Hmm... what makes control through policy (potentially located a long way
> from the code) preferable over explicit control in the actual code?

I'll discuss this on the Zope 3 list, but not on the ZPT list.

For here, it is sufficient to say that for Zope 3 we want to control
through policy whether something is implicitly called or not.

The problem is not that you can explicitly not call using 'nocall:', but
that the component is always called if it has a '__call__' method.

--
Steve Alexander