[ZPT] changing the order of operations

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Mon Jul 28 14:49:58 EDT 2003

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> Not sure what you mean here; tal:omit-tag allows "" for true (omit the
> tag), while tal:condition requires an expression (at least according
> to the spec I'm looking at, which is labelled TAL 1.4).

I mean the TALES expression 'default' is false for the former and true
for the latter (according to the docs, I haven't actually tested it).

> I don't see any practical reason not to allow tal:omit-tag to inform
> processing of tal:attributes.

Cool, sooo.... wanna give me a hint where I should aim the patch gun?

> Technically there's the issue of tal:attributes expressions which
> have side effects no longer being processed, but anyone that does
> that deserves what they get.  ;-)

I agree.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"You came all this way, without saying squat, and now you're trying