[ZPT] zope3-dev proposal on changing implicitly calling

Lynn Ranen lranen at verio.net
Fri Jun 20 16:49:04 EDT 2003

I was under the impression that the TALES was seperate from Zope3.

[1] I disagree that the TALES should be modified to work with Zope3 --
shouldn't it work the other way around?

[2] To me, it looks like the behaviour (__call__ at the end of path
traversal) is
    similiar to the behaviour of the publishing system.  This appears to be
consistent
    design.  In fact, I would go 1 step further, and say that what the TALES
needs is a
    'mapply' -- just like the publishing system has.

    Then, it will be possible/easy to pass in arguments.