[ZPT] zope3-dev proposal on changing implicitly calling

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Mon Jun 23 21:39:15 EDT 2003

Steve Alexander wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>
>> To be honest, I'd like the behaviour to stay just as it is now...
>
> Why?

It means I don't have to worry about whether or not something needs calling.

It's also the only way to currently work around the "I need to call
something in the middle of a path"

eg, I want:

context/somefunc()/something/etc

...so I write:

define="x context/somefunc"
replace="x/something/etc"

I think it's nice that non-programmers don't have to understand function
calling. It's something hard as a concept to introduce to people who may
never need to understand it...

Sorry if this is late, I'm working offline in Cape Town right now...

cheers,

Chris