[ZPT] Confused about Zope

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:50:28 -0500

On 03/01/2003 01:56 PM, Fernando Martins wrote:
>>I'm tempted to also say that all tags should automatically use the TAL
>>namespace, so then we could make it a little shorter and cleaner:
>>
>><replace="options/x/sql:string"/>
>>
>>Opinions?
>>

> This one strikes as simple and clear to me (a newbie).
>
> Also, would support for default values work like this (or similar)?
>
> <replace="options/x/sql:int | default"> 0 </>

IMHO yes.  All other operations would also be available, like
"condition", "define", etc.  One curiosity would be "content": the tag
never appears in the rendered output, so "content" would be equivalent
to "replace".  But other than that, I think it would make a nice non-XML
templating language.

Shane