[ZPT] Confused about Zope

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:42:49 -0500

Magnus Heino wrote:
>>I'm tempted to also say that all tags should automatically use the TAL
>>namespace, so then we could make it a little shorter and cleaner:
>>
>><replace="options/x/sql:string"/>
>>
>>Opinions?
>

> Can this be used inside script and style tags?

Well, I don't think we should mix XML TAL and non-XML TAL in the same
document, even in script and style tags, if that's what you mean.  But
your next sentence suggests that's not what you mean. :-)

> Today (in cmf) I move any css to a .css.dtml-file, and any javascript to a
> .js.dtml-file.

Today we have "page templates"; perhaps in the future we could put
non-XML TAL in "text templates".  Then we could register the .css and
.js extensions as text templates.

> It would be really nice to be able to drop dtml completely in this context
> too.

I think so too.

Shane