[ZPT] Re: [Zope-dev] Re: [Vote] PEP308 voting began

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:19:29 +0100

ES> Hmm.  I was thinking along parallel lines about numbers.  Since variable
ES> names (and therefore paths) must start with a letter, we could interpret
ES> a path starting with a digit as a numeric literal, thus allowing the
ES> occasional 'x | python:42' to be written 'x | 42'.

ahhh.. the number of times i have wanted this.. - astronomical

yes, please. it not only makes just as much sense to the newbie as
that python construct, but also makes for much cleaner code for
reading.

my +1 !

--
Geir Bækholt