[ZPT] Built-in STX and TAL wrappers proposal

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue May 27 22:21:33 EDT 2003

Trevor Toenjes wrote at 2003-5-27 10:42 -0400:
 > Since structure exists:
 > tal:content="structure here/some_HTML"
 >
 > My proposal is to add STX and TAL wrappers to be used like...
 > tal:content="STX here/some_structured_text"
 > tal:content="TAL here/some_HTML_with_TAL"
 >
 > So...Is there anything wrong with this concept?

It has been a design aim to keep TAL (and friends) small and
orthogonal.

Thus, you add only a new feature when it is necessary to satisfy
an important use case that can not be achieved without the new
feature.

"structure" is necessary because sometimes you must avoid
HTML quoting. "STX" is not necessary because you have
a function to the same effect.

Dieter