[ZPT] Generating XML documents in ZPT

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Aug 13 16:39:09 EDT 2004

Philip Kilner wrote at 2004-8-13 11:32 +0100:
>- For consistency, I set the mime type of the ZPT to "text/xml" as
>opposed to "text/html" - but this caused the template source to be rendered!

What does "the template source were rendered" mean?

>- The element names are mixed case in the ZPT, but in the rendered
>document seem to be converted to lower-case (which throws a spanner in
>the works at the other end, where the document is parsed). Needless to
>say, because of the first point this is when the document has an HTML
>mime type - might it behave as expected if I can fix the mime type?

HTML specifies that elements and attribute names are case insensitive.
The easiest way to garantee that is to perform a case normalization.

When the "content_type" is "text/xml", the normalization should
no longer happen (as XML is case sensitive).

--
Dieter